V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Announced
September 5, 2013 Leave a comment
Chaos Group has officially announced the V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta Program. ArchVision welcomes you to participate in this program and discover the advantages of the latest edition of the V-Ray render engine. Learn all about the V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Beta program here.
During the beta process, you will also have direct access to Chaos Group’s development team and the beta community via the V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Forum.
As a beta tester, you will have access to new V-Ray features including-:
- Faster Ray Tracing: Faster Brute Force and Path Tracing calculations
- New User Interface: New artist-friendly UI with easy access to common controls
- Progressive Rendering: New path-traced rendering engine with intuitive set up
- Quick Settings: New presets and controls for tuning quality and speed
- VRmats: Universal V-Ray shader for use across multiple applications
- New Shaders: New Skin shader, ray-traced SSS, and support for OSL
- Improved Hair: Faster render speeds and optimized shading for hair and fur
- Alembic: Integrated support for Alembic Caches
- Advanced Color: Improved color workflow with support for LUTs, ICC, and OpenColorIO
- Deep Data: Complete support for Deep Data and OpenEXR 2.0
- Render Mask: Define render areas using an image mask
- RT GPU Render Elements: Support for render element in V-Ray RT GPU
- Improved Distributed Rendering: Automatic asset collection for Distributed Rendering
Check out all of the V-Ray products currently available at ArchVision here. Visit this blog often for more news on the development of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max.